As I was in meditation this morning pondering today's topic I asked my Higher Self, "what is today's topic?" It seemed like I told MYSELF give up being attached to the topic & I waited to hear what it was I was to talk about...& that's all I heard. Then it dawned on me, what if that's today's topic?
To me giving up being attached to something is letting go of control, control of the outcome...as if we have control. I think control is a facade, something made up that we tell ourselves is true. In other words, a lie.
There is this quote by Joseph Campbell that I have written on a post it note stuck to my desk that says:
We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us.
When I first started down this path I thought I want it ALL now. I had no idea what that meant. I just knew I wanted all my gifts right NOW. I was really impatient about it too. Its not like being impatient produced my gifts, only stress...lol I was SOO arrogant. I really appreciate my Spirit Guides for sticking with me through that junk, I'm sure they laughed at me, as I do now looking back. I didn't know what I know now. It took me a long time to relax & let God. As if I had any control over how quickly my gifts would come to me anyway.
It was hard to see other people using their gifts to help people & not compare myself to them. Two years later I finally stopped fighting it. What choice did I have? It was like beating my head against a wall & I finally got tired of it. As soon as I did let go there was this peace that came over me, I finally relaxed & stopped worrying about it. What happened is I started to see the gifts I already had, the gifts I managed to overlook while spending my time worrying about the gifts I wanted.
The good news is we all have access to the same gifts.
I guess what I'm trying to say is by letting go of the attachment I had to the outcome it actually allowed what was already there to emerge. Even if nothing was there it would at the very least provide a space for something new to show up. Its my opinion that if I'm being emotional about an issue I cannot be rational at the same time. I cannot be emotional & hear spirit clearly at the same time & if I could my ego would likely distort what is being shared. I must let go of being emotional & that's not been easy for me. It requires practice, over & over, until I get it down.
I ask my guides for assistance a lot more often now. That's why they are here. Waiting to be of assistance to us. They MUST be asked as they cannot interfere with our free will. I have found asking them for what I want, need or desire out loud makes a difference. Sure they can hear my thoughts, but they are just thoughts. I have TONS of thoughts ALL the time. Speaking out loud pin points me in time, right now in this moment. They want to help, they want to make life easier here in this physical dimension. They want to help me, grow as a spiritual being. They are my best friends. I am never alone.
I'm learning to just be.
Love,
Christy
No comments:
Post a Comment