Thursday, March 21, 2013

To walk or not to walk...



Oden told me to.  Even though I don't always do what he says right away I eventually get around to it...

Recently I was offered a treadmill.  I had to really think about accepting it.  A few years back I got rid of the one I had because I just didn't use it & frankly it made me feel guilty every time I saw it so I sold it.

I'm in a much different place now...about life, my body, my health, my soul's growth.

Oden suggested a few times in channeling's I've attended at White Light Bookstore & Crystals when I would ask about why it was so difficult for me to sit still while meditating to try a walking meditation.  I really had no idea how I would do that considering I'd be focused on walking.  How can I get to an altered state at the same time?  I dismissed his suggestion.  In other words, I kept the thought in the back of my mind but had no intention of meditating while walking or walking for that matter.  Up to that point the only exercise I got was to walk up the stairs at work & I was okay with that.  Of course I thought I was smart & there must be some other way for me.  When the opportunity arose to receive a treadmill to 'walk' it didn't take me long to realize what the Universe was offering me.

A way to do two things at once...

My New Years Resolution for 2013 is to have the body I want.  A body I love, that I have a partnership with, instead of thinking its here to serve me.  I have taken my body for granted all of my life until now.  I was driving to work one day last week & I saw the image of a positive affirmation in lipstick written on my bathroom mirror, where I was assured to see it everyday multiple times a day.  That evening when I got home that thought became a reality as pictured above.  I can now acknowledge my body for its years of faithful service & let my body know I love it & appreciate it daily.

Today I used the treadmill for the first time, before sunrise, on a low speed, with one low lamp light burning, I thought that would be a good start at a walking meditation considering I have no idea how to do this.  I grounded myself & connected to the center of the Universe.  I centered myself.  I sealed my space to keep out any energies that didn't support what I'm up to.  All things I would do if I were sitting in my meditation room.  I set a timer & off I went.

I can see how someone could go into an altered state while walking now.  Its the same thing over & over & over.  I'm not sure how successful I was on my first attempt as I was very aware of the sensations in my body since I haven't exercised in a long, LONG time.  I was warm & sweating but I know how important meditating is.  (Some say its THE most important thing one can do for themselves above everything else.)  Eventually when my body gets used to the sensations or I get used to letting go of the sensations I believe I will be very successful.  Everything, & I do mean everything, takes practice.  I remember thinking wow I wonder what cool thoughts people have while they exercise that they don't even know they are getting from their guides.  Its cool being aware.

I hugged myself while on the treadmill.  It may sound strange but to me it makes total sense.  I think my body, everyone's body, just wants to be acknowledged.  Take a moment to feel every body part with your mind starting at your feet & working your way up to your head.  Spend time getting to know the very thing that supports you in your time here on Earth.  Tell your body you love it frequently, eat healthy food,  drink plenty of pure water, exercise to show your body you care.  Create a partnership with your body.  Its the only one you have in this life.

I'm finally starting to understand what the quote My body is my Temple really means.

Our body is the temple of our soul, the Holy Spirit.  The word, temple, means it is a shrine, a sacred edifice or sanctuary.  When we view the body in this light, it takes on a whole new meaning. Suddenly, the body is not just a human structure where the soul dwells, it is something much more holy.  It becomes sacred.  After all, when we stop to consider all of this, we understand that our Spirit is truly God.  Why would we expect God to live in a less than carefully maintained building...

Love,
Christy






No comments:

Post a Comment