I woke up early, early this morning & I got to thinking about my parents' cat that passed away yesterday morning. I had many thoughts about it. My mind got going & I was unable to get back to sleep for a long time as a result. I realized I haven't had to deal with death in my life. No one I know who I was ever close with has died. It seemed all the emotions I dealt with on Saturday night when I visited Callie for the last time with the intent of using Oden Reiki on her to help in any way I could, all came flooding back this morning at 1:40 am. I laid there & cried as I thought about the kitty & her suffering. I recalled how she looked & the fact that she was basically starving & dehydrating to death.
I saw my friend Lauralei's comment from my earlier post on facebook in my mind. "Love." It occurred to me that possibly I was still connected to the kitty somehow even though I had disconnected from her the evening I left her side.
I knew my eyes would be swollen & puffy from the crying so I laid there & did Oden Reiki on myself in the wee hours of the morning. Finally I asked my guides to help me with this, to stop crying, to get back to sleep. Shortly thereafter I did.
This morning when I woke up again I thought maybe its my parents & their discomfort that I am feeling. We are connected to family & friends. I did go over there unprotected now that I think about it. Then again its possible its my unresolved thoughts about death.
I feel in my heart we go to a beautiful place when we die no matter what we've done in this life so I'm not confused. I remember thinking when my dad texted that she had passed away, good now the healing can begin. My next thought was am I callus?
I have never known what to say to someone when they've lost someone or something close to them. I found myself saying nothing most of the time because anything I had to say wouldn't matter, it wouldn't take the pain of loss away. Yesterday when I replied to my father I said, I'm sorry. *hug*
I'm unsure how but I feel this experience is important in some way toward the healing of others with their loss & grief using Oden Reiki. I will keep you posted on what I come up with.
Christy
No comments:
Post a Comment