Monday, March 10, 2014
Written on January 29, 2014
I realized this week after series of events that I have to teach myself how to eat healthy...
This morning I keep hearing something my dad said to me earlier this week. "I can enjoy dinner's at family gatherings cause I know the very next day I will be right back on my eating plan." I think I keep hearing his words this morning to remind me that life is about finding balance, being committed to a goal & taking actions consistent with that goal. Last night's basket of fries...not a consistent action toward that goal. Today I'm right back at it rather than letting it derail me. I don't have to feel guilty about my choices. In that moment I chose that's what happened. I don't have to add any meaning to it & get stuck in that disempowering place anymore. But I may ask myself in the future when faced with that choice again, am I honoring my feelings or what I'm committed to? I'm learning to be gentle & kind to myself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment