Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Start Where You Are

I'm reminded often about the value of patience. That it takes skill to let go of the things I cannot control, which is pretty much everything in life. I react unfavorably on occasion but more often than not I can distinguish in the moment the reason for my upset and I can let it go. It's a choice to let go. It's not necessary for me to hold onto hurt, pain, or upset. That's a choice. Sure, I can dwell on it but what's the point of that? That just causes me discomfort and I'm not committed to living a life of discomfort.

So how do I find peace in the midst of no peace? I remind myself that peace is what I see and that 99.9% of the things that cause me unrest don't matter. They just don't matter in the scheme of things.

The statement when one door close another one opens is valid time after time. If I let go of my attachment to how life is 'supposed' to be and allow life to be as it is then I am at peace. It just takes practice.

Let go of the things you cannot change. Love yourself first, and know that you are enough exactly the way you are right now, in this moment. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment